Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year and a Birthday

Happy New Year!!!!!!

I can't believe that it is 2013.  As I sit in my over sized chair, I hear the people outside still shooting fireworks.  I am safely back in Texas because the universe decided to be mean to me and SNOW while I was at home.  I have told you repeatedly that I hate snow, but God wanted me to have a white Christmas!  It also meant that I wasn't able to drive and see some friends.  In the last 2 weeks, I have had 2 friends get engaged and a beautiful little niece make her grand entrance into the world.  Talk about blessings all around.  

I had a birthday.  I celebrated my last birthday for my twenties.  I would love to hide my age from you because I should be ashamed that I am almost thirty, childless and Man less BUT my age is my gift from God.  There are many who don't get to see 29 or 30 so I will proudly state my age and say Thank you LORD.  Because 30 will be here before you know it, I decided to do a 30 for 30 list.  I don't have 30 things yet but I'm sure over the year that more things will come.  So let's start!

1.  Dedicate my self back over to Weight Watchers.  It is not a secret that I dropped almost 25 pounds on the program, but because of the move and trying to get scheduled, I have fallen off the wagon.  Back on I go!  

2.  Run a 5K.  Sounds easy but I hate running so it will definitely be a stretch.

3.  Continue to grow my relationship with the Lord.  He has been SO Good to me.  I can't put into words what he has done for me just this year!!!!  He brought me through it all.  

4.  Travel.  Go to a beach, start saving my pennies for a European trip with my Kay May.

5.  Get out there and really start meeting people.  I'm not excited about it but it has to be done.

6.  Research a doctoral program and get on the ball.  It's time people.  

7.  New Car.  It's time to start shopping for a new vehicle before my trusty boo thang breaks down on me.  Stay tuned because I am sure that you will hear more about this soon.

8.  Starting letting go of my piercings.  I have six.  I want to lose at least one.

9.  Find my new church home and become a member.

10.  To be a better daughter, niece, sister, aunt, friend, cousin to my loved ones.

so there you have it.... 10 things on my list of 30 that are kind of like new year resolutions but are really something else.

Happy New Year

May God bless you with all of the happiness, good health and love that your heart can hold.



No comments:

Post a Comment